If you haven’t figured it out yet, I am absolutely obsessed with dips. I love spicy dips, cheesy dips, savory dips, any dips. Equal opportunity for dips!
Buuut there are, admittedly, times when I don’t feel like a heavy dip. I need something that’s light. You know, a dip that makes me feel healthy when shoveling chip after chip into my mouth.
Well, I found the puuurfect dip for this occasion. You can eat the dip by itself or decorate your tacos or burritos with it…whatever your little heart desires!
It’s fresh, it’s healthy, and it’s heavenly – for the love of all that is good and holy, don’t miss out on this one!
Let me know what ya think?
- 2 (15-ounce) cans black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (17-ounce) package frozen whole kernel corn, thawed
- 2 large tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 1 large avocado, peeled and diced
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1/8 to 1/4 chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- salt and pepper
- Mix all ingredients thoroughly in a large bowl. Cover and chill overnight.
- Taste and add salt, pepper and lime juice as necessary.
- Serve with tortilla chips as an appetizer, or with grilled chicken breast as a meal.